1. I am the Lord your God. You shall not have strange gods before me.
* Do I give God time every day in prayer?
* Do I seek to love Him with my whole heart?
* Have I been involved with superstitious practices or have I been involved with the occult (horoscopes, fortune tellers, tarot cards, Ouijii boards, seances)?
* Have I ever received communion in the state of mortal sin?
* Have I ever deliberately told a lie in Confession or have I withheld a mortal sin from the priest in Confession?
2. You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain.
* Have I used God's name in vain: lightly or carelessly?
* Have I been angry with God?
* Have I wished evil upon any other person?
* Have I insulted a sacred person
or abused a sacred object?
3. Remember to keep holy the Lord's Day.
* Have I deliberately missed Mass on Sundays or Holy Days of Obligation?
* Have I tried to observe Sunday as a family day and a day of rest?
* Do I do needless work on Sunday?
4. Honor your father and your mother.
* Do I honor and obey my parents?
* Have I neglected my duties to my spouse and children?
* Have I given my family good religious example?
* Do I try to bring peace into my home life?
* Do I care for my aged and infirm
5. You shall not kill.
* Have I had an abortion or encouraged anyone to have an abortion?
* Have I physically harmed anyone?
* Have I abused alcohol or drugs?
* Did I give scandal to anyone, thereby leading them into sin?
* Have I been angry or resentful?
* Have I harbored hatred in my heart?
* Have I mutilated myself through any form of sterilization?
* Have I encouraged or condoned sterilization.
6. You shall not commit adultery.
* Have I been faithful to my marriage vows in thought and action?
* Have I engaged in any sexual activity outside of marriage?
* Have I used any method of contraception or artificial birth control?
* Has each sexual act in my marriage been open to the transmission of new life?
* Have I been guilty of masturbation?
* Have I sought to control my thoughts?
* Have I respected all members of the opposite sex, or have I thought of other people as objects?
* Have I been guilty of homosexual activity?
* Do I seek to be chaste in my thoughts, words and actions?
* Am I careful to dress modestly?
7. You shall not steal.
* Have I stolen what is not mine?
* Have I returned or made restitution for what I have stolen?
* Do I waste time at work, school or at home?
* Do I gamble excessively, thereby denying my family of their needs?
* Do I pay my debts promptly?
* Do I seek to share what I have
with the poor?
8. You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.
* Have I lied?
* Have I gossiped?
* Have I spoken behind someone else's back?
* Am I sincere in my dealings with others?
* Do I keep secret what should be
9. You shall not desire your neighbor's wife.
* Have I consented to impure thoughts?
* Have I caused them by impure reading, movies, conversation, or curiosity?
* Do I seek to control my imagination?
* Do I pray at once to banish impure
thoughts and temptaions?
10. You shall not desire your neighbor's goods.
* Am I jealous of what other people have?
* Do I envy other people's families or possessions?
* Am I greedy or selfish?
* Are material possessions the purpose of my life?
* Do I trust that God will care for all my material and spiritual needs.
© Rev. Msgr. John B. Szymanski.
Linda Margoni of Gospa Missions comments: "Does God expect us to remember all this? God wants us to try. He wants us to change so that the world around us will change. Do not be alarmed if you were unaware that something on this page you did was a sin; seek the confessional. Confession is one of the greatest gifts God has given us. Not only does God bestow many graces upon those who attend the sacrament; He also has given us a confessor that represents Him on earth, to console and guide us so that we may sin no more. Never forget the Lord's mercy. He loves you despite your sins and He will never abandon you. Go to God. Confess your sins. God loves you and wants you to be in Heaven with Him some day."