Saint Ambrose Foundation is a non-profit 501(c)(3) organization that provides free web hosting services to Catholic and other organizations. The Domain name "catholic-church.org is inclusive of the Saint Ambrose Foundation organization.
Confidential Information Policy
Saint Ambrose Foundation protects confidential information, including social security numbers, in a manner that allows such information to remain confidential at all times. Access to the minimum amount of confidential information is granted only to those Saint Ambrose Foundation employees, contractors, or consultants who have a business need to know. Additionally, Saint Ambrose Foundation prohibits the unauthorized or unnecessary release of confidential information.
Website Terms and Conditions of Use and Legal Restrictions
Attention: The following terms and conditions apply to the content and any use of this website with the domain name "www.catholic-church.org". Please carefully read all the terms and conditions and legal restrictions before using this Site. By using this Site, you expressly agree to them.
Saint Ambrose Foundation reserves the right to change these Terms and Conditions and Legal Restrictions at any time, without prior notice. Be sure to check this page periodically for changes.
The content in this Site may be used for lawful purposes only. Unless otherwise stated herein:
- Information provided on this Site is for informational purposes only and in no way constitutes legal, spiritual, or moral advice. Users of this Site are to contact their local priest, parish, or diocese for counsel for any advice regarding any of the subject matter provided herein;
- Permission is given to view, print, and use the content in this Site only for your personal, noncommercial use, provided that no copyright, service trademark, or other proprietary notices which accompany any such content are deleted or changed;
- Content in this Site may not be copied, reproduced, transmitted, displayed, downloaded, uploaded, posted, distributed, rented, sub-licensed, altered, stored for subsequent use, or otherwise used in whole or in part in any manner without Saint Ambrose Foundation's prior written consent;
- Use of the content in this Site for any other purpose violates Saint Ambrose Foundation's intellectual property rights; and
- Nothing in this Site will be construed as conferring upon any user of this Site any license to any Saint Ambrose Foundation, or any third party's, intellectual property rights.
Links to and links from this Site are subject to additional terms and conditions. Please read our Links and Linking terms and conditions carefully before using this Site.
Saint Ambrose Foundation makes commercially reasonable efforts to include accurate, complete, and current information on this Site. However, Saint Ambrose Foundation does not guarantee the correctness, accuracy, or reliability of any information contained herein.
CONTENT ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED "AS IS". Saint Ambrose Foundation DOES NOT REPRESENT OR WARRANT THAT:
- ANY FUNCTIONS CONTAINED IN ANY CONTENT WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR-FREE;
- ANY DEFECTS WILL BE CORRECTED; AND
- THIS SITE, OR THE SERVER THAT MAKES IT AVAILABLE, ARE FREE OF VIRUSES OR OTHER HARMFUL COMPONENTS.
Neither Saint Ambrose Foundation nor any party involved in creating, producing, or delivering this Site will be liable to any other party for any direct, indirect, special, or consequential damages arising out of any access to, use of, inability to use this Site or any other website linked to this Site, or any errors or omissions in the content thereof, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, loss of programs or data on your equipment, or otherwise, even if Saint Ambrose Foundation is expressly advised of the possibility or likelihood of such damages.
Use of Information Submitted
Saint Ambrose Foundation uses commercially reasonable efforts to maintain control of this Site, utilizing current Internet technology. However, the e-mail facilities at this Site do not provide a means for completely secure and private communications. Like most, if not all, non-encrypted Internet e-mail communications, your e-mail may be accessed and viewed by other Internet users, without your knowledge and permission, while in transit to Saint Ambrose Foundation. Thus, to protect your privacy, please do not use e-mail to communicate information to Saint Ambrose Foundation that you consider sensitive or confidential. If you are concerned about maintaining confidentiality of information, you may contact Saint Ambrose Foundation instead via telephone by submitting your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will return your call request. You agree that any comments, suggestions, or other information sent to Saint Ambrose Foundation via this Site is provided without restriction or obligation on Saint Ambrose Foundation, and Saint Ambrose Foundation will be free to use such information on an unrestricted basis. You also agree:
- That information submitted is at your own risk;
- Saint Ambrose Foundation has no liability with respect to any unauthorized access by third parties;
- You are responsible for whatever material you submit; and
- You, not Saint Ambrose Foundation, have full responsibility for any submitted message, including its legality, reliability, appropriateness, originality, and copyright.
Saint Ambrose Foundation may also, in its sole discretion, use what is known as "cookie" technology. A "cookie" is a data element sent to your browser by a website when you link to that website. By assigning a unique data element to each visitor, the website is then able to recognize repeat users and track usage patterns to better serve visitors when they return to that website. The cookie does not extract personal information, and most browsers provide a simple procedure that enables users to control whether or not they want to receive cookies or notifies them when a website is about to deposit a cookie file.
Saint Ambrose Foundation controls this Site (excluding linked sites) from various locations within the United States of America, and makes no representation that any content contained in this Site is appropriate or available for use in other locations. Accessing this Site, or use of any of its content from locations where such use or content is illegal, is prohibited. Notwithstanding the location from which you access this Site, or the laws of such location, you agree that the statutes and laws of the state of New York, notwithstanding any principles of conflicts of law, will apply to all matters relating to use of this Site and that, if you use this Site from any other location, you are responsible for compliance with applicable local laws. If any part of these Terms and Conditions and Legal Restrictions is deemed unlawful, void, or unenforceable, that part will be deemed severable and will not affect the validity and enforceability of any remaining provisions.
Copyright and Service/Trademarks
This Site and its contents are protected by copyright, all rights reserved. All works of authorship contained at this Site, including, but not limited to, text, images, and their arrangement, are owned by Saint Ambrose Foundation (except as otherwise noted). Saint Ambrose Foundation, Catholic-Church.org, and other names appearing in a type form different from that of the surrounding text are service marks owned by or licensed to Saint Ambrose Foundation, its subsidiaries, or affiliates. Any other product name or company name mentioned in this Site may be a service/trademark of its owner. You may not reproduce, copy, or redistribute the design, layout, or individual elements of this Site design without the express written permission of Saint Ambrose Foundation.
Saint Ambrose Foundation has no obligation to update any information or content on this Site, and information or content may be out of date at any given time. Saint Ambrose Foundation may also make improvements and/or changes in the information or content contained in this Site at any time without prior notice.
Links and Linking
Links to other websites are provided as Internet navigation tools only. These other websites contain information created, published, maintained, or otherwise posted by persons or entities independent of Saint Ambrose Foundation. Saint Ambrose Foundation does not control these websites; nor does it guarantee the content, accuracy, completeness, or timeliness of information on other websites. Linkage to other websites does not constitute or imply an endorsement, recommendation, or preference by Saint Ambrose Foundation. The owners/operators of these websites do not necessarily endorse Saint Ambrose Foundation products or services, nor are they responsible for the content of this Site. Saint Ambrose Foundation is not responsible for, and expressly disclaims all liability for, damages of any kind arising out of use of, reference to, or reliance on such information.
Establishing a Link to This Site
Saint Ambrose Foundation prohibits the use of the Saint Ambrose Foundation logo as a "hot" link to this Site unless the establishment of such a link is approved in writing by Saint Ambrose Foundation. You may establish a hypertext link to this Site from your website provided that:
- The link must be a text-only link clearly marked "Saint Ambrose Foundation" or "Catholic-Church.org";
- The link must be to "http://www.catholic-church.org" or, for Saint Ambrose Foundation clients and their clients and covered persons authorized to utilize "catholic-church.org" services, to a specific URL provided by Saint Ambrose Foundation;
- The appearance, position and other aspects of this link may not be such as to damage or dilute the goodwill associated with Saint Ambrose Foundation and/or "Catholic-Church.org" name and service/trademarks;
- The appearance, position, and other aspects of the link may not create the false appearance that you or any other entity is associated with or sponsored by Saint Ambrose Foundation (except to identify Saint Ambrose Foundation as your service provider, if applicable); and
- The link, when activated by a user, must display Catholic-Church.org Site full-screen and not within a "frame" on the linked website.
Saint Ambrose Foundation reserves the right to revoke its consent to the link at any time in its sole discretion. You may not, without obtaining Saint Ambrose Foundation's written permission, republish, redistribute or otherwise make any copies of the content on this Site as part of the link, including by framing or similar means, or otherwise.